Wednesday 15 October 2014

Writing Exercises

As some of you may know, I have a book review blog called Inky Realms. (Ironically, I like the look of this blog better. It uses a template I picked in under 5 minutes; I've probably spent hours experimenting with different templates over at Wordpress. Ah well. Weight of expectations, I guess.)

Anyway. Today I realised my writing voice is:
  1. pretty damn colloquial, and
  2. filled with useless/ conversational adverbs (really, definitely, fairly, rather, etc.)
So I went on a quest (aka a five minute Google search) to find some writing exercises I could use to improve my prose. And I found these. They're vague but might prove useful, although they're obviously aimed more at creative writers than amateur critics. I plan to pick up some other books aimed at writers when I get back to Auckland and have access to a real live library again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment